Methods of examination
1. Much time will be spent – especially on your first visit – on asking about your medical history and your symptoms.
2. We may take x-rays of your lung.
3. The most important measurement in our surgery is measuring the function of your lungs.
4. The sensitivity of your bronchi resp. of your lungs will be examined by using inhalation of metacholin.
5. Oxygen and carbondioxyd will be tested in your blood when resting and when training. We start or optimize the therapy using oxygen.
6. NO-measurement we can use to examine asthmatic inflammation.
7. Allergological tests like pricktest and more. We also offer hyposensibilitation.
8. For polygraphy you can sleep in your own bed. You will be given the equipment to take home. We are also able to start therapy with CPAP. Sometimes we refer patients to a center.
9. Ultrasound for pleura and abdomen.
10. For many years I also have been treating children.
Paracelsus-Spital in Richterswil has offered the possibility for bronchoscopy in their ambulance.
I have been appointed as assessor by Gutachtenstelle Einsiedeln in 2014, which prepares expert assessments for IV-pensions.
Further education and new technical equipment will enable us to always offer you best medical aid.
Annual flu-vaccination is recommended for chronicly sick people, people aged more than 65 years and people working in health service. You may make an appointment for an examination and combine it with the vaccination. If you are healthy and do not need a doctor, you can get the vaccination without an appointment as you come in. For the winter 2018/19 we have got the vaccine. You can receive the injection from now on.
Pneumococcus-vaccination is recommended to retired or chronicly sick people. We can offer you this vaccination. Nowadays it does not have to be repeated.
Pertussis (whooping cough): We have some cases of pertussis each year. The number has risen over the past years. Because many people are vaccinated in childhood the disease does hardly occur in childhood any more. The immunisation after whooping cough or after vaccination obviously lasts about forty years. Because of the high contagiousness of whooping cough people now get infected in the second half of their lives. Whooping cough will heal spontaneously at this age. We do not need to worry about it. But it may trouble its victims for several months. Especially asthmatics and people suffering from COPD suffer severely from whooping cough. Even unconsciousness and fractures of the ribs might be caused by the cough.
Today the vaccination is offered as a combination with tetanus and diphthery. From the age of thirtyfive one should think about a vaccination against whooping cough. By doing so you can avoid more suffering than by vaccination against flu or pneumonia. Therefore vaccination is advisable to be immune against whooping cough.
Recently it is advised to renew the vaccination against whooping cough every ten years in combination with tetanus and diphthery.